FCP Crashes when I launch log and transfer

Posted by Joe Brown 
FCP Crashes when I launch log and transfer
March 08, 2010 08:07PM
I installed the AVCIntraDecoder v1.3 from panasonic today and now when I open log and transfer FCP crashes. Any Ideas? How do I uninstall AVCIntraDecoder? Not using time machine.

MACPro 2 X 3 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon
6G Ram
Snow Leopard 10.6

Thanks
Joe Brown
Re: FCP Crashes when I launch log and transfer
March 08, 2010 09:05PM
Time Machine would only be of marginal help for you in this situation anyway, unfortunately. It's heaven for restoring files you accidentally deleted, or getting back to an earlier revision of a file you screwed up, and you should totally turn it on like right now. But unless you wanted to nuke your system and restore it to the state it was in 24 hours ago, it wouldn't do much for you in this case.

If the AVC Intra Decoder is just a Quicktime component, you should be able to find in, and remove it from, /Library/QuickTime.

March 09, 2010 08:03AM
Can't find it in /library/quicktime. Compressor, DVD SP & motion crash on launch too.
March 09, 2010 09:13AM
Try /Library/Components or try System Toolkit in FCS Maintenance Pack to remove it.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics