re: export format film festival

Posted by newptfot 
re: export format film festival
March 09, 2010 08:56AM
Hi, I have a project accepted for a film festival here are the formats they accept which one yields the best quality? I assume 35mm but which would be next FCP 6.0.6 76 minutes long thank you for any advice.

"We will need your exhibition copy 35mm, HDCam or NTSC Digibeta"

Rick
Re: re: export format film fesrtival
March 09, 2010 08:58AM
Forget about 35mm. If you didn't have a film-out planned when you started your project, it's not worth trying to shoehorn one in now.

If your project is high-definition, obviously you want to lay off to HDCAM. If it's standard-definition, lay off to Digital Betacam.

March 09, 2010 09:15AM
It's a real mix of everything, HDV interviews, picture scans, 8mm transfer, 16mm transfer one of everything. Thank you for your advice.

Rick
March 09, 2010 09:16AM
Er. No, it started out as a real mix of everything, but now it's a finished film in some format or other. Right?

Re: re: export format film festival
March 09, 2010 09:18AM
Yes. what did you cut in? DV? HD? That will determine what you deliver on, to a large degree.

March 09, 2010 09:29AM
My timeline settings HD1440x1080, Compressor HDV 1080i 60 is where it stands now.
March 09, 2010 09:31AM
Then you want to have your show laid off to HDCAM. Your best bet will be to contact a local post house that has a Final Cut system and has, or will rent for you, an HDCAM deck. They'll talk you through the process, which will probably involve outputting a Quicktime movie of your whole show on a Firewire drive and taking it over. They'll load that move up on their Final Cut system and lay it off to tape for you.

While you're at it, go ahead and have them do it twice. You can send one tape to the festival, and keep one as your master. If you want to do other festival submissions in the future, it'll just be a dub, which will be cheaper and faster than going through this process again.

March 09, 2010 09:44AM
Thank you Jeff I'm in Orange County any suggestions I will drive to L.A. if necessary.

Rick
March 09, 2010 09:37PM
In Orange County I would use Post Modern Group in Irvine (949) 608-8700

Steve

Steve

FCPX
FCP 7.0.3
Premier CS6

MBP Retina 2.6i7 16GB / iMac 27" 3.4i7 16GB
March 12, 2010 10:22PM
thank you found them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics