Dropped Frames/Stuttering with HM100 footage

Posted by FEDFiLM 
Re: Dropped Frames/Stuttering with HM100 footage
March 29, 2010 09:26PM
Pale green means "preview," which typically means your system will do its damnedest to play back in real time, albeit at reduced resolution. It's not guaranteed real-time playback.

March 29, 2010 09:29PM
hmm.. well can I get an answer to this?
why does the footage play back perfectly in the Quicktime program, but not in final cut?
March 30, 2010 07:02AM
Because quicktime may drop picture quality to keep up with real time playback. You could try setting it in FCP (playback quality, switch to dynamic or low)

www.strypesinpost.com
February 16, 2011 01:33PM
FEDFiLM, did you ever find an answer to your problem? I'm having the same issue and it's probably not hardware related. Although not the latest and greatest, I am running FCP 7.03 on an 8 core Xeon machine with 6 GB of RAM, with OSX 10.6.6 and have my media on an internal 4TB - RAID 5 setup (with 3.6 TB available). My RT is set at "Safe" (which I hate, because doing anything safely has always bugged me), and playback video quality is set for "Dynamic". My playback gives me the same results as you reported, "Dropped Frames / Stuttering with HM100 footage". I also use the HM100 camcorder, and like yours, it is made by JVC :-)
February 16, 2011 02:24PM
FEDFiLM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hmm.. well can I get an answer to this?
> why does the footage play back perfectly in the
> Quicktime program, but not in final cut?

It probably doesn't play back properly in QuickTime Player. QT Player drops and blends frames to maintain playback speed. Quality is also reduced to maintain playback speed.

With FCP, it could be many different things. Bad render files, corrupted preferences, font issues, using a "non-editing-friendly" video codec in FCP, etc.

-Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics