FCP Crashing on L&T - Best MTS Converter

Posted by J.Corbett 
FCP Crashing on L&T - Best MTS Converter
March 30, 2010 07:03PM
FCP6.0.5 Is crashing a lot on log and transfer with .mts files. So i downloaded iskysoft converter but i don't believe it does the best Job.

For getting file from the HMC150 what would recommend as the highest quality way to convert to mts to .mov?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: FCP Crashing on L&T - Best MTS Converter
March 30, 2010 07:10PM
Try updating to 6.0.6.

All the best,

Tom
March 30, 2010 11:29PM
I did the up date but L&T takes a good minute to import. Maybe its normal?

Process Used:

1. put SDHC in SD card reader
2. open fcp 6.0.6
3. File > Log & Transfer
4. Add Folder and navigate to the private>avchd>bdmv> and select stream folder
5. sit and wait about 5 minutes and then the files show in the L&T window
6. Once i see the clips i select 1 clip and then go to preferences in the upper right, and select AVCHD Plugin
7. click ad to render queue

Clip Comes into the browser fine. I wonder though, Is that 5minute wait for the files to show up normal?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
March 31, 2010 02:11AM
J.Corbett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FCP6.0.5 Is crashing a lot on log and transfer
> with .mts files. So i downloaded iskysoft
> converter but i don't believe it does the best
> Job.
>
> For getting file from the HMC150 what would
> recommend as the highest quality way to convert to
> mts to .mov?

What does the crash log say?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
March 31, 2010 11:55AM
I like Voltaic...only $35

http://www.shedworx.com/voltaichd
March 31, 2010 12:21PM
Voltalic looks very nice. I may get that as a secondary.

Jon

I am not sure because i hardly ever look at the crash log. it doesn't happen often.
But the update to fcp6.0.6 seems to have cleared it up.

ITS as slow as molasses just to locate and identify the mts files though. L&T may not be the best capture method. iskysoft was faster but less quality.

That converter that casey recommended looks to be quite useful.

""""
March 31, 2010 12:25PM
March 31, 2010 06:04PM
> I like Voltaic...only $35

Voltaic is one of the slowest conversion softwares I've used. Granted, the computer I was using isn't exactly top of the line (Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5), but P2 media imports like lightning, but Voltaic took about two days to convert about 20 minutes of footage. I'm unimpressed.

www.derekmok.com
March 31, 2010 09:50PM
I have the trial Voltaic. And i will give it a whirl but i read the same thing on another forum Derek. I have never gotten a bad recommendation from strypes so i also have clipwrap.

""""
March 31, 2010 10:38PM
I'm using it right now. A three-and-a-half-minute 1080i60 clip took an hour to convert. That's approximately 20:1 in terms of converstion time to footage running time. And that's if you don't run into problems. I remember the two days being complicated by lots and lots of freezes.

www.derekmok.com
April 01, 2010 12:40AM
Roxio Toast 10 Titanium is siad to be pretty quick at converting AVCHD ... much much quicker than the dreaded Voltaic apparently (last I heard, Voltaic was something like 12x realtime but that may have been an earlier version)

[www.roxio.com]
April 01, 2010 01:14AM
I heard about Roxio 1st but i am not dying to use it because of some deep seeded issues from back when i was using a PC that i installed it on:-D

i like the clipwrap idea because there is no encode just an acceptable file with no compression added.
If i have problems though i will have to face the music and use Roxio.

""""
April 01, 2010 11:11AM
STRYPES.

I LOVE THIS CLIPWRAP THINGY!!!!!!

I think its faster than realtime by at least 25%. This is a creamy yet low calorie application. The prores HQ looks wonderful. There is less noise than the other conversion choices.

""""
February 21, 2011 02:29AM
I'm using Pavtube to convert the HD video taken from Sony Handycam. So far I like how the software has been performed. The user interface is friendly.

Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac is specially developed for AVCHD camera/camcorder users to convert MTS/M2TS/M2T footages to iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and more similar video editing software compatible file types with least quality loss.

* Support input AVCHD/ AVCHD Lite footage (*.mts, *.m2ts) at 1080i, 1080p, 720i, and 720p.
* Convert MTS/M2TS to iMovie, convert MTS/M2TS to FCP, and so on.
* Support Apple ProRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/Apple InterMediate codec encoding.
* Allow selecting desired video clips to convert, cutting off unwanted areas, merging multiple files into a single one.
February 21, 2011 02:47AM
Gee, that doesn't sound like spam.

See? Spamware. This guy has made one post on our forum ever. Don't buy this crap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics