opening final cut

Posted by andia 
opening final cut
April 06, 2010 09:19AM
Hi every body,

i am a new learner of final cut and it is the first time i am working with Mac!
i have installed final cut pro last week, after installing it i opened the program and every thing was ok. To day i opened it again but it gives me this message:
Final Cut Pro requires that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card.
My os x version is: 10.6.1
Can some one tell me what should i do?
Re: opening final cut
April 06, 2010 09:33AM
What version of FCP is this?

All the best,

Tom
April 06, 2010 09:46AM
the version is: 7.0
April 06, 2010 09:53AM
What's the computer?

All the best,

Tom
April 06, 2010 10:02AM
Macbook.
April 06, 2010 10:07AM
The MacBook does not have a separate video card and should not be used with pro apps. You can probably press the escape key to get past the error message, but your performance will not be great and some functionality will not be available.

All the best,

Tom
April 06, 2010 10:15AM
Thank you for your help. Very kind of you.
So you mean that if a computer doesn't have a separate video card can't be a good computer for programs such as final cut?
April 07, 2010 07:20PM
Runs better with at least one high performance graphics card and the MacBook does not have one. A MacBook Pro does have one (actually, it has 2 video cards inside)

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
April 07, 2010 07:24PM
If I remember correctly, Final Cut Pro is explicitly not supported on the MacBook. At least I believe that was the case at one time.

April 07, 2010 10:20PM
I couldn't even install Studio on my Mac Book. On a Mac Book Pro if you get this dialog box you can go into the Energy Saver and enable the High Performance radio button and the Mac Book Pro will be happy. The Mac Book unfortunately does not have this ability.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
April 08, 2010 02:16AM
Did you install the 7.0.2 update? I've heard of this message appearing erroneously after installing the latest update.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
April 08, 2010 04:09AM
i resolved the problem:

i did: Repairing disk permissions, the i updated my computer then i was able to open Final Cut!!
Ofcourse with the serial numbre.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics