converting an .m2ts file to a usable FCP format

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
converting an .m2ts file to a usable FCP format
April 27, 2010 09:47AM
Hello!
i received a bunch of video files in Sony's .m2ts format. I can't edit this and need to convert to something I can use in FCP. Can anyone help or suggest something I can do to convert this?

thanks!
Re: converting an .m2ts file to a usable FCP format
April 27, 2010 09:49AM
This topic has been covered many times recently. Strangely enough, searching the forum for the term "MTS" or ".MTS" yields nothing. Try this:

[www.lafcpug.org]

www.derekmok.com
April 27, 2010 10:12AM
Thanks DMok!

I'm trying to convert it through After Effects. Strange thing. Toward the end of he first clip it jumps back and forth for about a second and a half before it ends.
April 27, 2010 10:19AM
If you have a newer-model Mac Pro, FCP's Log and Transfer should convert those very quickly. No need to go through After Effects.

www.derekmok.com
Anonymous User
April 29, 2010 04:03AM
I have a JVC Everio HD300 (AVCHD) camcorder,i am annoyed with the MTS files, for they counldn't be edit on FCP but now i found out a fastest and easiest way to solve it-just use a professional HD Video converter which can convert MTS/TOD/MOD to wmv, mov, mp4, avi, etc. without any problem.The software seems to do a decent job. I've had good results converting the .mts files to .mov, with the settings h.264, 1200, 1280*720, 25fps, aac. Comparing with other converters, I prefer Pavtube one because of its fast conversion speed and its pretty good output video and audio whcih satisfy me.

How to convert MTS to MOV for editing on FCP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics