Image squueze problem on burning ... but SC QT.mov looks fine (?)
May 07, 2010 07:10PM
HI -

I actually posted this on the DVDSP forum (trying to follow the rules yo!) But that forum's not getting any love!

I downconverted an HDV PAL show to SD PAL, and the SC QT.mov looks fine - but when trying to burn it, the preview looks squeezed... (?)

I listed all my spcs & workflow in my original post over o the DVDSP forum...

Please come check out my problemo, if you have a sec (in that other forum!)

Thanx!!
Re: Image squueze problem on burning ... but SC QT.mov looks fine (?)
May 07, 2010 07:34PM
You need to make sure that DVDSP knows it's a widescreen/16x9 source. If you click on the track icon in the graphical view of your project, the inspector window has an option for aspect ratio.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
May 07, 2010 08:13PM
Thanks smiling smiley

I did do that - so (in DVDSP) I have 16x9 selected in the inspector - but even with 16x9 selected in the inspector it looks squeeze - even though the SD PAL SC QT.mov looks fine... (I made sure DVDSP knows this is PAL, etc)...

Would selecting anamorphic in the FCP sequence settings make this happen? But the QT.mov looks right, so I don't get it... what am I missing...?
May 07, 2010 09:19PM
Jewel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks smiling smiley
>
> I did do that - so (in DVDSP) I have 16x9 selected
> in the inspector - but even with 16x9 selected in
> the inspector it looks squeeze - even though the
> SD PAL SC QT.mov looks fine... (I made sure DVDSP
> knows this is PAL, etc)...
>
> Would selecting anamorphic in the FCP sequence
> settings make this happen? But the QT.mov looks
> right, so I don't get it... what am I missing...?

What does the .m2v file output from Compressor look like?

If you have a 16x9 .m2v file in DVD Studio Pro, and select the track and scrub through it, it should show in the Viewer as 16x9...

-Dave
The .m2v file output from Compressor is looking squeezed in the preview
May 10, 2010 10:48AM
The .m2v file output from Compressor is looking squeezed in the preview - that is - I brought the compressed (short test) files home with me over the weekend, and tried to run them through my own DVDSP at home - and MY DVDSP won't import the .m2v file... it says it's the wrong format (weird) - so I did a 'get info' on the m2v file, and didn't see a problem with the file format - but I did look at it in the preview there (under 'get info''s preview) and it looked squeezed.

I also did select 16:9 in DVDSP (as per strypes' tutorial, which was great), and it still looks squeezed in both preview & short test outputs...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics