FCP Capture (Black Magic Intensity Shuttle)

Posted by Adage12 
FCP Capture (Black Magic Intensity Shuttle)
May 20, 2010 09:20PM
Hi I was thinking of investing in a capturing device and I came across this Black Magic Shuttle. It looks pretty cool specially for $199.00. I am wondering if anyone has used this device or might have any other alternatives (other than a $2000 Kona)?
Re: FCP Capture (Black Magic Intensity Shuttle)
May 20, 2010 09:32PM
Read the specs a bit more closely. The Shuttle is a USB 3 device. Which means it's not really supported on anything yet, for all practical purposes.

Blackmagic makes an inexpensive HDMI I/O board of some variety or other. Never used it, but from what I've heard it's fine, as long as all you'll ever need is HDMI. If you need SDI, then the price of an I/O board plus an HI-5/HA-5 pair can rival a Kona LH-series.

May 20, 2010 09:35PM
The Shuttle works via USB 3.0, which Macs can't do yet. You might want to look at the Intensity Pro, which is just as cheap. Just not as slick looking. And I think it might be limited to 8-bit (not sure.)

- Justin Barham -
May 21, 2010 02:59PM
I've used the Intensity Pro card for more than a year and it does what it promises: good analog input/output and HDMI. But it only works on Intel Macs and, of course, the Imac models are out of the game. The card it's also a great alternative for using a new HD screen for monitoring from FCP.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics