OT: RIP Dennis Hopper

Posted by Ben King 
OT: RIP Dennis Hopper
May 29, 2010 03:35PM
Another great actor/director, the great Dennis Hopper, lost his struggle with prostate cancer and died this morning in Venice Beach.

RIP Easy Rider

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: OT: RIP Dennis Hopper
May 29, 2010 04:25PM
May 29, 2010 07:31PM
First I heard of this, very sorry to see him pass. He was greatly underrated but was a superb actor in many substantial roles. Actually saw him in Easy Rider when it was in theaters. Still riding my Harley.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
May 29, 2010 08:02PM
Great actor, many fun memories of his movies. Never met him, never worked with his brother in law, never walked his dog. Will miss him none the less. RIP.
May 29, 2010 08:12PM
Acting was only part of him. He was a GREAT DIRECTOR. He was a visionary. He was a hippie. He was cool. He helped define a generation.

Rest In Peace Dennis. No more pain... and nobody yells "CUT" but you in Paradise. It's dailies with St. Peter. I will always love and miss you.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 29, 2010 11:03PM
Go get those check ups so you all can stay with us for a long time! Don't put it off. I'm going tomorrow if I can for something. RIP Easy Rider.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
May 30, 2010 10:09AM
I met Dennis Hopper in the elevator going up to Orion. I had a movie I wanted them to screen. I had eighteen cans of 35mm, my whole movie picture and mag. He smiled and asked me, "Who's in it?" He was really nice -- talked to me like I was a big time director. At the end of our conversation he wished me good luck.

When the elevator doors opened, he walked ahead of me to the Orion desk and whispered something to the receptionist. He turned to me and smiled. They screened my movie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics