Blurring Logo

Posted by Adage12 
Blurring Logo
June 01, 2010 10:31AM
I need to blur a logo in three shots. The subject is running, in normal speed, towards the camera and because of that his shirt and the logo on it are jumping a lot. I know this can be done within Motion and AE but for some bizzare reason both programs crash on me after analyzing 50-60 frames but I don't have the time to look into that right now. I know this can be done within FCP but I am under a huge time crunch and really don't want to start masking and manually tracking everything. If anyone has any tips on how this can be done faster within FCP please post it.

Thanks
Re: Blurring Logo
June 01, 2010 11:03AM
The quickest way would be to use a travelling matte with two versions of the video.
One heavilly blurred and one normal.
Create a white shape that will go over the T-shirt and use this as the travel matte
that you will manually move and scale.

Set up track 1 blurred-travel matte, the travel matte, and then video 1 non-blurred.
I am on a PC right now but I think that is the stacking order.

Adage12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need to blur a logo in three shots. The subject
> is running, in normal speed, towards the camera
> and because of that his shirt and the logo on it
> are jumping a lot. I know this can be done within
> Motion and AE but for some bizzare reason both
> programs crash on me after analyzing 50-60 frames
> but I don't have the time to look into that right
> now. I know this can be done within FCP but I am
> under a huge time crunch and really don't want to
> start masking and manually tracking everything. If
> anyone has any tips on how this can be done faster
> within FCP please post it.
>
> Thanks
June 01, 2010 11:53AM
Actually the quickest and easiest (and free) way is by installing Andy's Plug-Ins and using Andy's Region Blur:

[web.mac.com]

Thanks again, Andy thumbs down

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 01, 2010 12:39PM
Always check the FCP FAQ Wiki. Ideas in there for this.

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 01, 2010 03:15PM
With Andy's Region Blur plug-in, is the blur moved with clicking on the "x" and moving the blur one frame at a time? Or is it possible to set a path for the blur effect to follow?

How do you do it?

Thanks - vic
June 01, 2010 09:49PM
You can set as many or as few keyframes to control the filters parameters (including position) as you want or need Vic, entirely up to you ... or rather whatever works for the clip.
June 01, 2010 10:22PM
I have been using Andy's region blur all day. Blurring out license plates, logos. With footage shot all reality style shaky camera. Keyframing is a breeze. I can't recommend this enough. And I cannot believe that Andy hasn't charged one red cent for it.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
June 01, 2010 11:16PM
Shut up shane.

THANKS ANDY!!! thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down

June 02, 2010 12:33AM
Andy Mees is a God.

I use his plugins every day. I heavily use Andy's Region Blur - and, of course, have a special fondness for Andy's Gradient ND which, I am honored to remind you one and all, the Great Andy wrote at my request. (Blush).

I am also particularly taken with that Grid thing of his - can't remember the name - but it has aspect ratios and TV and action safe and all that stuff on it - plus an adjustable one ... so much so that I used it in a title sequence: Lo! Thus:

O Andy, it pops up in the first few seconds of the titles and is appropriate to the subject which is a painting called "The Waterhead That Was Raised In A Box" by Robert Williams, an American painter.

As I have frequently asserted: Andy Mees is a God.

Harry.
June 02, 2010 09:43AM
Somebody hose down harry spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics