Compressor's Noise Reduction: anybody actually use it?

Posted by nveer 
Compressor's Noise Reduction: anybody actually use it?
June 08, 2010 10:13AM
So I've been using Compressor for some time now and consider myself an advanced user. Most of the source footage I encode looks great and is fun to work with. Then there's those pieces that you get that require some work before you encode them.

I've been using JES Video Cleaner and Neat Noise Reduction with a good bit of success for noise removal. But both are pretty slow. I've never had much luck with Compressor's Noise Reduction filter as it seems to either over soften everything or completely mess up the hue when set to "Chroma Channels".

Is there anybody out there that has used Compressor's Noise Removal filter with regular success? I'm hoping I'm just missing something. Anyone?
Re: Compressor's Noise Reduction: anybody actually use it?
June 08, 2010 11:29AM
Haven't really tried Neat's noise reduction, but I've used the ones from The Foundry, and the de-grain plugin in AE (which I think is also from the Foundry). For these effects, you need to sample noise patterns before you can degrain the footage. I somehow don't believe that you can do good denoising without first sampling the noise pattern.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics