Garbled audio on playback

Posted by CaseyPetersen 
Garbled audio on playback
June 23, 2010 10:45AM
Forgive me for not using very technical terms here, but when I have my Sony Z1U camera connected via Firewire to my MacBook Pro using FCP 6, OSX Tiger, and I have the Video Playback going through Apple Firewire NTSC, and the Audio Playback as Firewire DV, the audio coming into the camera is garbled, distorted and I think higher pitched.

The project is using just the DV NTSC 48kHz preset, and the camera is set to 48kHz audio as well, but for the life of me, I can't understand why it garbles the audio. Sometimes I can get it to work by rebooting, changing cables, changing cameras, or a combination of all of those options. The timeline is correct at 48kHz, and it plays back fine through the speakers on the laptop, but just not through the firewire.

Anyone know what's causing this or how I can fix it?

Thanks!
Casey Petersen
Re: Garbled audio on playback
June 23, 2010 11:38PM
Wild stab, because weird audio behavior has on occasion been solved by: resetting your Easy Setup. Click to another one, then back to the one you use. It's happened to me, and there have been a couple of threads about it. The other cases were more sporadic screeching, I don't know if that's what you have or if this will touch it. And I couldn't tell you why it works!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics