A better quality Export.

Posted by Phil UK 
A better quality Export.
June 25, 2010 07:26AM
This has been an on going FCP 6.5 issue - I am working on a long form project that has to go to DVD. It is a mainly DV PAL format - some XD CAM and a lot of Titles and Stills. I have always been unhappy with the Titles when exporting as DV PAL. Previously I was told that GFX titles and the color and quality of the footage can be problematic when using and exporting DV PAL. I began exporting as Photo Jpeg and the results were better but the frame size changed. Would it be better to export H264 (which also look good) as a master then encode for DVD? Long winded and I hope it makes sense. Cheers Phil UK
Re: A better quality Export.
June 25, 2010 07:48AM
>Would it be better to export H264

No. Since you are in PAL (unless "UK" is your last name).. If you are working in interlaced, change your sequence codec to DV50, render and export quicktime movie (not conversion). Otherwise, drag your sequence into a 10 bit Uncompressed timeline as a nest, render and export (check for any field issues especially on clips with speed ramps).

www.strypesinpost.com
June 25, 2010 01:14PM
Yeah I did that, does not look great. Photo Jpeg looks better to me.
June 25, 2010 04:36PM
When you render to DV, your titles becomes compressed to DV. So ideally you render to a higher quality format. What do you mean by "does not look great"? Are you talking about DV50 or Uncompressed? Also, are you working with interlaced material or progressive?

>I began exporting as Photo Jpeg and the results were better but the frame size changed.

Pjpeg is not advisable for interlaced footage due to the compression scheme. M-Jpeg is fairly similar to P-jpeg, but is designed for interlaced formats. P-Jpeg doesn't have a set frame size, so you can change the frame size. What do you mean by "the frame size changed"?

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics