Ganging and monitoring duration

Posted by ianedit 
Ganging and monitoring duration
July 02, 2010 11:10PM
Anybody know why if you gang two sequences, the sequence in the source monitor will follow the timeline sequence when you play the timeline sequence but the timeline sequence will not follow the sequence in the source window when you play that sequence from that window?

Anybody know how to monitor duration? I was cutting a show to time today that was forty seconds over and it's a pain to constantly go to the end to measure. Also, I know that version 7 has a timecode window, can you add lines to it?

I have asked some other questions before and the answers were much appreciated and helpful.
Re: Ganging and monitoring duration
July 02, 2010 11:18PM
ian
Anybody know why if you gang two sequences, the sequence in the source monitor will follow the timeline sequence when you play the timeline sequence but the timeline sequence will not follow the sequence in the source window when you play that sequence from that window?

i'm pretty sure i've encountered that, too. it;s annoying, but i have no answer right now, sorry.
(in the middle of a long render)

off the top of my head a quick workaround can be to OPTION drag the current tc field from the canvas to the viewer (this neat trick wrks with all TC fields in FCP)

ian
Anybody know how to monitor duration?

if you don;t have all sorts of mess at the end of your timeline (like i often do)
then simply remove any in/outs in the timeline (option x, (oh and x marks in+out around a clip))
and check your canvas duration field (top left)
Re: Ganging and monitoring duration
July 02, 2010 11:20PM
ian
can you add lines to it?

im not sure.
if you mean the source code, answer is no.

cheers,
nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics