History of project edits

Posted by Julian Lang 
History of project edits
October 07, 2010 03:33PM
I misplaced a calendar I use when editing to keep track of my hours, etc. Is there a history/list of when clips are edited, captured, etc.? Seems like I recall something to this effect years back but it's a vague memory.

Can anyone answer this? I see the Browser's last modified list, but not a way to see other dates when the items were worked on.

Thanks
Re: History of project edits
October 07, 2010 07:54PM
Not that I know of. How about getting one of these?

www.strypesinpost.com
October 08, 2010 07:54AM
Unfortunately no. People have been asking for it (feature request) for years. Especially for sequences. All those browser columns, why not have add one that permanently stamps a sequence with date and time created instead of just date modified?

Maybe someday...

Meantime, deal with it by adding a date to your clip bins or sequence names. Something like DirectorsCut_Final_081010 or SourceClips_071010. Or use colors. Or both. You get the idea, whatever suits your purposes.
October 08, 2010 10:21AM
Sounds like a job for FCP Versioner:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 09, 2010 07:25PM
don't forget the media FILES will have creation dates on them.
that will tell you when they were captured / or created.

same goes for Project files.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics