WARNING - Just did Prokit update.

Posted by Ethan 
Re: WARNING - Just did Prokit update.
November 24, 2010 06:31PM
Yeah I did that, but I wonder if the fact that I had upgraded to 10.6.5 in the meantime is causing problems? By the way, excellent work on your applications Jon, I highly recommend them.

November 24, 2010 06:46PM
OK, I just tried that again, and it won't let me intall the 5.1 version. The install button is just greyed out now.

Crash analyzer says

This crash was caused when trying to draw or interact with a user interface element. A common cause for this crash is a corrupt or outdated version of the ProKit or BrowserKit frameworks, but in some cases it may be a DVD Studio Pro bug that should be reported to Apple. Users sometimes get this error if they upgrade their OS without reinstalling Final Cut Studio or if their HIToolbox preferences are corrupt.

When trying to open DVDSP. Tomorrow I have to help someone create a 13 language, 7 segment DVD with 13 forced subtitles, so it's been great timing lol.

November 24, 2010 06:58PM
Thank God for LAFCPUG and Happy Thanksgiving for it to all.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Play from Playhead to Out Mark with Shift-P !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
November 25, 2010 12:58AM
Think I should point out that it's my birthday today, and that I appreciate all of America having the day off to celebrate with me. smiling smiley

November 25, 2010 12:59AM
Jude was born on Thanksgiving, and all Final Cut Pro editors are grateful.

www.derekmok.com
November 25, 2010 02:57AM
Happy Birthday Jude and I for one and on behalf of all here at lafcpug are thankful for you. Not thankful you installed Pro Kit.

Michael Horton
-------------------
November 25, 2010 09:24AM
Jude Cotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way, excellent work on your
> applications Jon, I highly recommend them.

Thanks Jude, and happy birthday.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
November 25, 2010 06:09PM
I've got this fixed on my system now. There's a sticky at the top of the forum that explains the path I used for 10.6.5. The download is still not a good idea though.

November 27, 2010 01:27AM
Jude, we just call it Thanksgiving for convenience, it's really Thanksforjude Day! Happy B-day two days late (time zone difference)!

- Loren

Today's Jude tip:
Read the damn WIKI!!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics