how to tell FCP that my footage was recorded using 12-bit audio?

Posted by cressy 
how to tell FCP that my footage was recorded using 12-bit audio?
October 28, 2010 10:28PM
How do I adjust FCP v.7 to log and capture 12 bit audio? Apparently I shot most of my footage on a Sony VX2000 using 12 bit instead of 16 audio and I get the error message that my video and audio will be out of sync during the batch capture process. And yes indeed, the video and audio are NOT in sync. help!
Re: how to tell FCP that my footage was recorded using 12-bit audio?
October 28, 2010 10:34PM
"12 bit" corresponds to 32k in FCP.
so change your capture setting to 32k audio,
do a test capture and see if that helps.

nick
October 28, 2010 10:53PM
thanks Nick. I did that and the error message did NOT appear this time....success!....but when I laid the new captured clips to the timeline, the audio required rendering. Is that normal in this situation?
October 28, 2010 10:56PM
Yes, because your sequence is set to 48k audio, probably. Depending on where you plan to output, you can either just render it, or change the sequence settings so you don't need to.

October 28, 2010 11:03PM
thanks Jude! I had been using FCP version 2.0 since 2001 on a G4 mac and finally upgraded after 9 years! So I'm hitting a few technical roadblocks along the way with my new macbook pro FCP 7.
October 28, 2010 11:09PM
Cressy, that's amazing. You sure squeezed a lot of value out of that G4 and FCP 2.0. I offlined a series on 2.0 when it came out (not my choice at the time). Welcome to the land of tapeless ingest and whatever else is new since 2.0.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
October 28, 2010 11:28PM
thanks for the comment Andrew.........yes, I did squeeze a lot of value out of the FCP v.2! The old mac finally just stopped booting one day a couple months ago. I was really pleasantly surprised that I only had to pay the $299 FCP upgrade price going from version 2.0 to 7.0 instead of the full $1,000! $700 difference is nothing to sneeze at.....might be time to upgrade to a HD camera and retire my mini-dv stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics