want livetype back

Posted by njwill 
want livetype back
December 14, 2010 01:04PM
Just installed 7 in my new mac book pro, and then installed just the live type discs from older version of fcp. the computer accepted the two livetype discs, and says it was successfully installed. but when i try to find it on my hard drive in applications or anywhere else for that matter.... livetype does not show up? is this just a quirk, do i need to completely reinstall 6 and 7 in order to get livetype back? i hope not.

any advice is much appreciated. I don't have time right now for motion learning curve / too many on-going projects.
Re: want livetype back
December 14, 2010 09:46PM
Merging this topic with your other live type thread. No need for 2 of them. Thanks.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

live type
May 13, 2010 10:34PM
Can you still use live type in fcp 7.
I haven't mastered motion... and livetype is so simple - and comfy like an old pair of shoes.
Re: live type
May 13, 2010 10:50PM
Livetype is no longer in FCP 7. However, if you upgraded from FCP 6, you will still have Livetype. Motion can do everything that Livetype can and a whole lot more, and it is really quite simple to use.

www.strypesinpost.com
May 14, 2010 07:44AM
Yes Motion can do everything LiveType can do BUTt you no longer have the easy to modify templates...so it's a good deal more work. Wish they'd kept the templates to create quick and easy lower thirds and titles.
December 14, 2010 12:35PM
Just installed 7 in my new mac book pro, and then installed just the live type discs from older version. the computer accepted the live type, and says it was successfully installed. but when i try to find it on my hard drive in applications or anywhere else for that matter.... it does not show up? is this just a quirk, or do i need to completely reinstall 6 and 7 in order to get livetype back?

any advice is much appreciated. I don't have time right now for motion learning curve / too many on-going projects.
Re: want livetype back
December 15, 2010 02:44PM
Just solved my own problem... sorry it was so simple. But for others who may wonder--- Just need to reinstall using older version disc with livetype... checking the livetype box only, and then installing media. Ahhh... that's better! Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics