720p Frame accurate editing

Posted by Larry Garb 
720p Frame accurate editing
December 15, 2010 04:57PM
I've done some testing on inserting a 720p sequence back into a tape using a Sony Sr machine. I notice that when I do my insert it is 1 field off on the in and the out. So I get 1 field of black on the out.
Any suggestions?
Re: 720p Frame accurate editing
December 15, 2010 06:12PM
How can 720p output to tape be one FIELD off when it is a progressive format? There are no fields.

What frame rate are you outputting.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 15, 2010 07:31PM
True but SR is PSF, not "true" P.

Larry, what kind of I/O card are you using? FCP systems can be flaky with clean insert edits.

- Justin Barham -
December 15, 2010 08:05PM
Especially 23.98 insert edits

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 16, 2010 10:57AM
I'm using the Kona 3 card and I did my test edits with a burned in window and notice that with 720p 59.94 sequence when I went back to tape the time code window was off by 1 field.
I know you can't change the playback offset by fields only frames.
Any idea's?
December 17, 2010 09:11AM
I had a similar issue going to tape with 720p25 to digital beta. I never figured what the problem was, as it was intermittent. On some tapes I was half a frame late, then I would be fine for the rest. I was largely working on G5s and figured it may be due to the down conversion. I couldn't get any information from Aja tech support on this, as the only documented issue is that you will be off by 1 frame on up/down conversions.

You can try to offset it under audio video settings and adjusting the offset in device controls. See if you get any love from it.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics