scrolling text duration

Posted by evarita 
scrolling text duration
December 16, 2010 03:38PM
Is there a way to lengthen the duration of the scroll to get more than 2 minutes. I have some very looooong credits I'm working on.
thx
Nancy
Re: scrolling text duration
December 16, 2010 03:43PM
Enter the duration BEFORE you edit the scroll into the timeline.

All the best,

Tom
December 16, 2010 04:23PM
You can extend the duration after you edit it in as well. Double-click the text object in the timeline to open it into the Viewer. Key in a longer duration value (upper-left timecode window) than you need. Now you can extend the text object in the timeline up to the value you'd entered.

But, for a scroll in FCP, I recommend cutting it up into multiple pieces. It's very unwieldy if you do everything on one card. Better if it's a Photoshop card if you have a lot of text.

www.derekmok.com
December 16, 2010 10:56PM
thank you.
evarita
December 16, 2010 10:58PM
thanks!!
evarita
December 16, 2010 11:23PM
Or Better yet - do the credit roll in Motion - much easier, more flexible and less of a pain to edit - see Apple's tutorial here:

Credit Roll Tutorial - Motion

or even cooler - include moving video that scrolls in time with your credits

go here (there's a short commercial before you see the video

Ripple Training Motion Credit Roll Tutorial
December 17, 2010 01:29PM
Geez, that Motion crawl example, (other than terrible layout!) didn't look so good. Kind of sputtery. Might have been the encode, but I get better results form an animated photoshop file.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Play from Playhead to Out Mark with Shift-P !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
December 17, 2010 05:04PM
Used it on a festival film and it worked great -- I find editing text in Photoshop cumbersome - you can do all your formatting in MS Word - lay it all out - bring in to Motion and it all comes in formatted correctly -- simple, easy, spell checked -- as the old commercial urged "try it, you'll like it!"
January 19, 2011 10:27PM
edit
January 19, 2011 10:30PM
I did end credits using the scrolling text in FCP but it seems the options for alignment are just center, left, and right. Is there a way to align the text in FCP to that standard way seen in many movies?

See CAST @ 2:24

Also is there a way to preview the credits without having to render every time?

Thanks
January 20, 2011 01:55AM
Use Boris Title Crawl. Read the documentation on the FCS install disc. Basically it uses tabs like a word processor. Or scrolling text with an asterisk for the gutter.

Switch to unlimited RT.

All the best,

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics