changing audio in timeline from 16 bit to 24 bit

Posted by evarita 
changing audio in timeline from 16 bit to 24 bit
December 27, 2010 07:26PM
Hello there.
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas celebration.
I'm just wondering....
My original timeline is set up for 16 bit audio.
After my mix, (out of house) I got back audio at 24 bit. I changed it under sequence settings to 24 bit but I still have to render the audio after every edit.
Any way out of this???
thanks
evarita
Re: changing audio in timeline from 16 bit to 24 bit
December 27, 2010 07:52PM
I think you would need to create a new sequence with the 24 bit settings PRIOR to dropping anything in the timeline.

Edit: Actually I just check that and you shouldn't need to.
Is the sample rate different to your session?
December 28, 2010 09:42PM
No. The sample rate is 48. I actually tried creating a new sequence with 24 bit and that didn't work.
any other thoughts???
thanks for your help.
Evarita
December 29, 2010 12:13AM
What is the duration of the project? Any sync drifts? Try deleting the audio from the project, set up easy setup to the correct frame rate you are working in, restart FCP, then importing the audio back in.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 29, 2010 12:39AM
Thanks I'll give it a whirl.
Eva
December 29, 2010 12:16PM
Well I tried this as well as changing the sequence settings to 24 bit. Still needs rendering.
Do you think it has to do with the other audio option under sequence settings, config, grouped, stereo, downmix? I have it on grouped.
Thanks again.
eva
December 29, 2010 12:19PM
It's nothing to to with bit depth. FCP down mixes everything in 32 bit float, and you shouldn't need to render. I meant set the frame rate.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 29, 2010 09:37PM
Yea I know and I did that. Changed the frame rate. Created a new sequence, etc. etc. Still just one big render line every time I make an edit.
Oh well. thanks for you help on this. If you get any other ideas let me know.
have a great new year celebration.
Evarita
December 30, 2010 08:53AM
Any chance the file they gave you is a different codec? Perhaps a .wav?

-Vance
December 30, 2010 09:01AM
Hmm... Hang on. I noticed that the OP didn't list the audio codec. FCP plays nice, and only plays nice with PCM audio, preferably 48k (aiff or wav).

www.strypesinpost.com
December 30, 2010 05:48PM
Thanks, I appreciate that. They are wave files.
Oye.
Evarita
December 30, 2010 06:17PM

strypes Wrote:
-FCP plays nice, and only plays nice with PCM audio, preferably 48k (aiff or wav).

I wasn't aware that FCP would work with .wav files nicely. By force of habit I always transcode audio to .aiff when I import it.

-V
December 30, 2010 06:22PM
WAVs work fine in Final Cut Pro, without rendering if the sample rate matches. Although this past week I had two cases of WAVs getting that "jumbled audio" bug where the final rendered audio jumps to an utterly wrong part of the WAV file inconsistent with the selected In/Out points. (And the edit was as simple as it could be -- DVCPro HD 720p24 image synced to a single 48kHz WAV file, no other sound FX, music or sync sound) While a simple disconnect-reconnect media fixed it, it leads me to suspect WAVs might be a bit more susceptible to this problem than AIFFs.

www.derekmok.com
July 07, 2017 09:04AM
Dear All

i m facing audio render issue when i am importing .avi file of sony NX5R camera recorded at dv format.
Its audio showing 32 bit floating point in item properties as time line is set to 16 bit intergar.
can any one help me in this regards
July 07, 2017 09:06AM
Dear All

i m facing audio render issue when i am importing .avi file of sony NX5R camera recorded at dv format.
Its audio showing 32 bit floating point in item properties as time line is set to 16 bit intergar.
can any one help me in this regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics