DVCPROHD i60 to 23.98...
December 29, 2010 05:51PM
Hoping someone can do me a kindness.

Our project was shot on a HDX900 at "24p" onto DVCPRO HD tape. After the shoot the footage was captured using the DVCPRO HD 1080i60 default preset in Final Cut Pro (6.0.6). Sequences were created using FCP's automatic "change sequence settings to match clip" which made our sequences 29.97. This is were I think mistakes were made. After capturing the footage and before making any sort of sequence we should have had Cinema Tools do a Reverse Telecine on the clips. Doing that would have made them run at 23.98 without interlaced/duplicate frames. But, rather than do that, we pushed forward and edited without doing a reverse telecine. My question is, is there a way to take our 60i footage in our 29.97 timeline and convert it to 24p in a 23.98 timeline without having things get out of sync? So far, my idea of a workflow is to run media manager on our 60i/29.97 timeline and create an offline project, deleting unused media / recapture the new offline clips using the DVCPRO HD 24pA default in FCP / run Cinema Tools on the redigitized footage to turn it into 23.98 / copy all of the 23.98 media from the 29.97/60i timeline / copy it into a new sequence that has an editing timebase of 23.98 / go through the project and make minor (hopefully they're just minor) adjustments to get it back to looking like the original project... Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks.
Re: DVCPROHD i60 to 23.98...
December 30, 2010 04:55PM
Re: DVCPROHD i60 to 23.98...
January 03, 2011 12:59PM
Thanks. The Fixing Assest link with the XML seems most promising.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics