OT: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 update released

Posted by Ben King 
OT: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 update released
January 06, 2011 06:14PM
Apple have released the 10.6.6 update

Main features:

Mac App Store

Addresses a cropping issue with some postscript printing in landscape page orientation.

Resolves an issue with some Macs (that have in ATI graphics card) in which the mouse pointer movement could become erratic if an external DVI display is connected.

[support.apple.com]

Have installed this update - FCS3 works fine no issues thus far.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: OT: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 update released
January 07, 2011 05:35PM
FCP and everything else seem ok here as well.
January 07, 2011 10:41PM
No Problems here so far either. I had a co worker here at Apple (retail) who came to me with concerns about FCP not starting up which worried me until I got back to my edit bay an launched FCP.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
January 09, 2011 01:35AM
A few people have reported problems with DVD Studio Pro and OS X 10.6.5. There's no word whether or not 10.6.6 fixes it, but as the change log is pretty sparse I'm guessing the answer is no.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
January 09, 2011 04:26AM
Maybe they got the Prokit upgrade at the same time, which we know messes with DVDSP?

January 09, 2011 07:26AM
I was still running the older ProKit on 10.6.5 which works - however I will try the ProKit update on 10.6.6 and see if I get the same issues.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
January 09, 2011 11:15AM
For what it's worth, the OS X 10.6.6 update (both the "delta" and "combo" versions) includes ProKit 6.0.2 and an updated BrowserKit plugin for the Pro Apps. Additionally, the AIC and MPEG2 QuickTime components have been updated, along with display card drivers (and other stuff)...

-Dave
January 09, 2011 11:20AM
Jude Cotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe they got the Prokit upgrade at the same
> time, which we know messes with DVDSP?

No, they didn't install it.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
January 09, 2011 11:44AM
Jon Chappell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jude Cotter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe they got the Prokit upgrade at the same
> > time, which we know messes with DVDSP?
>
> No, they didn't install it.

While ProKit 6.0.2 is included in the OS X 10.6.6 update, ProKit wasn't part of the OS X 10.6.5 update.

-Dave
January 09, 2011 07:02PM
What is the nature of the crashing in DVDSP with the errant ProKit Update installed?

-Andrew
January 09, 2011 07:50PM
My update panel here still shows the ProKit 6.0.1 update as well as the OS upgrade, so I thought perhaps some people would just press the update all button, and get the buggy 6.0.1 in the process.

Andrew - the DVDSP thing is that it fails to open at all. Here's the thread about it from a little while back : [www.lafcpug.org]

January 09, 2011 07:51PM
Some people have experienced issues with the Simulator crashing too.

My software:
More tools...
January 10, 2011 04:23AM
Arrrrgh spoke too soon!!! - 10.6.6 with the ProKit update has again stopped DVD SP importing PSD files. Once I try to import a PSD file it says "Import Assets - Incompatible Format"

Upon which I cannot import any other still file format!

Even images which import before trying a PSD!

I'm going to try installing the old ProKit framework - fingers crossed!

January 10, 2011 04:38AM
You'll be happy to know that using the older ProKit with 10.6.6 seems to fix the issues.

I'll add a sticky on the forums for those afflicted by this bug.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics