Correctly identifying the correct frame for slow motion Switch

Posted by J.Corbett 
Correctly identifying the correct frame for slow motion Switch
January 13, 2011 01:05PM
if i drop 60p into a 24p TL its still looks like nearly interlaced.
If i conform 60p to 24p its slow motion, though it will match nearly the look of regular 24p..

I have a music video that i am about to shoot and i want to shoot 720p24. But there are some planned shots that i want to do in slowmo. So i had planed to use 720p60 then conform to 24p in CT, for those effects.
Since the shot is planned to be in the middle of the motion i will have to match the exact from which the 24p switches to the conformed 60p footage. I cant have a jump in the motion.

How do i get the correct frame match?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Correctly identifying the correct frame for slow motion Switch
January 13, 2011 03:20PM
By looking at it. using your eyes.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: Correctly identifying the correct frame for slow motion Switch
January 13, 2011 06:44PM
ok, I thought there was a better more accurate way than that. If i have say 12s of footage and the slow mo starts at 00:00:06:14 and out at 00:00:08:20 i will make a cut at that point. but when going thru CT the start point is 00:00:00:00. Or can CT be set to continue the TC, so that the in point is 00:00:06:14.

There is no round trip to CT. Thats why i thought there was more to it than just the eye measuring. I thought it needed to go out with its TL TC and come back with it TL in point (06:14).

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics