Go Pro Video

Posted by jack nadelle 
Go Pro Video
January 31, 2011 12:17PM
Sorry if this has been discussed already I did a search for Go Pro but nothing came up and I haven't been following this forum as much since I joined The Banjo Hang Out forum. (really just a little more fun and easier to understand) smoking smiley
I am really impressed with the broadcast commercials for the Go Pro Video camera. Any one on this forum doing those? I am wondering how they are being transcoded for broadcast and editing.
Re: Go Pro Video
January 31, 2011 05:54PM
jack nadelle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry if this has been discussed already I did a
> search for Go Pro but nothing came up and I
> haven't been following this forum as much since I
> joined The Banjo Hang Out forum. (really just a
> little more fun and easier to understand) smoking smiley
> I am really impressed with the broadcast
> commercials for the Go Pro Video camera. Any one
> on this forum doing those? I am wondering how they
> are being transcoded for broadcast and editing.

There is a good amount of info on the GoPro website, among which is:

Final Cut Pro Tips for Editing GoPro Video

-Dave
Re: Go Pro Video
January 31, 2011 06:27PM
We've been using a number of Go Pros for high risk work - getting run over on start lines - going in water and so forth. They are good, cheap and acceptable for broadcast IF it's understood that this is a cam in a high risk environment. Like onboard cameras on race cars are always quite poor quality compared to the big tower mounted cams at the track.

A couple of things to note

1. Almost no controls. There are two buttons and no display to tell you what they are doing.
2. It's a very wide angle lens, so you need to be very close to the action if you want it big and exciting.
3. The sound quality is not broadcast standard, and because you have to get so close, it often blows out.
4. The little case that it comes in is excellent, but not foolproof. We've lost several to actual hits from cars. Try not to get hit by a car.
5. They don't handle bright light very well. Some things overexpose to the point of having a black dot in the middle.

You can easily transcode the native files in Mpeg Streamclip or Compressor. We use Prores and have no trouble with them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics