Highlight video

Posted by goconnor 
Highlight video
February 09, 2011 07:50AM
I am currently doing a hightlight video for an individual in the school I teach at... I need to show them prior to the play developing and what I would like to do is to show them prior to the play but place some "glow" over them. I have done this before with using a circular matte but that closes off all the rest of the video. I would like the entire formation to show but place some highlight over the individual.

Does anyone have suggestions?
Re: Highlight video
February 09, 2011 10:56AM
[www.lafcpug.org]

Instead of Gaussian Blur on the top layer, you darken the bottom clip using Color Corrector or Opacity.

www.derekmok.com
February 09, 2011 02:16PM
What Derek said- although I didn't see "gaussian blur" in the post-- and don't forget to feather the edges of the matte, which helps create that glowing highlight effect. I simply double up the clips, matte the top, and lower opacity on the bottom clip.

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:
Set a motion effect keyframe instantly with Control-K!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 09, 2011 02:19PM
> although I didn't see "gaussian blur" in the post

The FAQ was designed for a Cops-style censorship blurring of an area, which he doesn't need here. But hopefully he'll get the general concept.

For the spotlight effect, yet another permutation of this concept is to invert the mask shape and put that filter onto a black colour matte on top of the image. Then adjust the Opacity of the black matte to determine how dark the non-spotlit areas are.

www.derekmok.com
February 09, 2011 02:26PM
Sorry, Derek, I missed the link. Makes sense, now.

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:
Set a motion effect keyframe instantly with Control-K!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 12, 2011 09:32AM
You can grab my free region blur plugin if that helps ... despite the name it will do this highlight thing too : [web.me.com]
February 12, 2011 09:52PM
also check out the free Marcus Herick plugins: Vignette, and Face-Light.
[haiku.com.au]

FCP's own Vignette filter can be useful, but from memory has some drawback, like not being able to change the centre.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics