Crash Loses Motion Effects

Posted by JoeE 
Crash Loses Motion Effects
February 18, 2011 10:26AM
Here's a messed up thing. I just crashed and one of my timelines has lost all it's motion effects (resizing, crop, distort.) Gone. How is that even possible? This is a nightmare.
Re: Crash Loses Motion Effects
February 18, 2011 10:36AM
Did you save the project file while you were applying all these effects? If you didn't, then obviously the saved project file wouldn't reflect these changes. Also check the Autosave Vault for a backup.

www.derekmok.com
February 18, 2011 10:42AM
I'm going back to the autosave folder after lunch but the trick is going to be figuring out what was done since the last autosave (I think it was like 11 minutes.) I've just never seen anything like this before.
February 18, 2011 10:47AM
You went 11 minutes without a manual save? Not good. Did you already go into the Motion tab to check the settings, or are you going by eye in the Canvas? It's possible that the settings are still there but not playing back.

www.derekmok.com
February 18, 2011 10:51AM
No, they are just gone. Unfortunately I rely too much on autosave and don't manual save enough. I haven't figured out a way to remind myself to do it even after all these years. What's weird is these are effects that have been there for 6 months, not just stuff I've done today.
February 18, 2011 12:25PM
Murphy's Law of Autosave (and this applies to all software), that the chances of a crash are
directly proportional to the importance, the time spent without saving, or artistic eureeka factor
of the work itself.

It's mathematic chaos factor!

JoeE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, they are just gone. Unfortunately I rely too
> much on autosave and don't manual save enough. I
> haven't figured out a way to remind myself to do
> it even after all these years. What's weird is
> these are effects that have been there for 6
> months, not just stuff I've done today.
February 18, 2011 01:21PM
If you think while editing "When was the last time I saved?"...do it right then, it's been too long.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics