Stop the render of striaght edits

Posted by Justin 
<HTML>I have installed FCP 1.2.5 on a G3 B/w.

The original copy before worked fine and so does this copy. Although how do I configure FCP so that it doesnt need to render clips that are simply cut and have no added effects or transitions?? please help</HTML>
<HTML>Your setings are wrong. If you are working with DV and I assume you are than your sequence presets must match your capture settings and that must be DVNTSC 720X480

mike</HTML>
<HTML>Im working in PAL .. I have set all the seq and capture settings to DV-PAL 25 fps best ... and the DV PAL 768x576 , as the books say, but still it shows with the render bars...</HTML>
<HTML>Then trash your FCP prefs and try again. Something is wrong. You should NOT get the render bar if your settings are correct and you are capturing DV via firewire. Double check settings and no guessing.

mike</HTML>
<HTML>Justin,

Did you shoot this in 16X9? If you did you have to capture it in 16X9! I agree with Michael on this one it is a settings Problem. Take your time and see what the problem is. I know it can be frusterating but its part off learnling. Good luck.

Ruben</HTML>
<HTML>Hi there, thanks for your help but I eventually fixed it..I changed the pal setting to the 720 instead of 768 format and that worked a treet.. i cant believe it now I can go ahead and make movies!!!!!

thnx again</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics