Destination Problems and a few shortcuts

Posted by 4stringdave 
Destination Problems and a few shortcuts
March 09, 2011 01:50PM
Hey folks,

For some reason audio destination doesn't work for me. I've tried to remap it to other places on the kboard with no avail. Disconnect audio destination seems to work fine though.

Also in the spirit of keeping my hand off the mouse is there any way of selecting the clip nearest to the TL indicator without having to left click it? And with linked selection off (or I suppose on for that matter) is there a way to move to the next edit downwards (for instance, moving from a1-a2 to a3-a4 or from v1 to audio) this would speed me up quite a bit during trimming.
Re: Destination Problems and a few shortcuts
March 09, 2011 06:21PM
How are you adding things to the keyboard? Drag and drop or the f keys? Sometimes drag and drop can override your audio settings, depending on where you are dropping the linked video.

March 09, 2011 06:24PM
> For some reason audio destination doesn't work for me.

"Doesn't work" is never a good phrase to use. We have no way of knowing what you're referring to. Audio doesn't come in at all? During drag-and-drop, or if you're using Overwrite/Insert Edit on the Canvas? Or Overwrite/Insert on F9 and F10? Or does the audio go into the wrong track? Do you even have audio on the clip opened in the Viewer?

www.derekmok.com
March 09, 2011 07:23PM
What I'm referring to is using the keyboard shorcuts to control the destination (patching) controls. When I press shift F7-F8 it unpatches the audio as it should. The problem is the "patching" shortcut (F7-F8) won't repatch it. I remapped both controls to other spots on the keyboard and still got the same results. So to be clear it is not an issue of the audio going to the right place after patching, its an issue of the shortcut to control the patches without the mouse.
March 10, 2011 03:20AM
F7 followed by number pad for track number, then F8 followed by track number.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 10, 2011 05:06AM
Yes, so f7 and then 3 should send your a1 target to track 3. f8 and then 1 will send your a2 target to track 1.
Just hitting f7 doesn't tell FCP where to patch to. More confusing to explain than to do.

March 10, 2011 12:06PM
Strypes and Jude that was a perfect explanation. I got it! that functions better than I thought! I would've never figured that on my own. Thanks a million! Any idea of the possibilities of the "select clip" or "move edit downwards"?
March 10, 2011 03:29PM
select clip? As in shortcut? mark in and out, and hit option A.

Move edit downwards. select clips, hit option down.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 10, 2011 09:59PM
Stypes Awesome! The first one works. The second doesn't The scenario would be I'm trimming an edit with the link selection of then want to move the edit to the nearest up or downwards like from a1-a2 to video or vice versa. Thanks so much for help.
March 11, 2011 12:31AM
You need to make sure that only the audio is selected and not both. Or vice versa if you want to move the video up/down one track.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 15, 2011 04:52PM
I think I get what you want to do:

You are trimming an edit on A2, you then want to move to the nearest edit on V1 (alt+ prev/next edit on Avid)

not sure it's possible on FCP. ; and ' will jump edits (like up/down arrow) but only to match the tracks of currently selected edit

v will select nearest edit that have 'auto-selects' enabled - if you are within a clip (i.e. not in filler) and video trumps audio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics