Display Full Screen

Posted by Kozikowski 
Display Full Screen
March 15, 2011 06:53PM
I have a 1920x1080 TIF still that I use for monitor alignment. I got stuck on a machine without QuickTime Pro and QT would not display the frame in Full Screen mode. I suspect because of the TIF file type, but I can find that out later.

But that brought up the question. What other program can I use to display a HiDef frame perfectly matched to the screen edges? Full Screen Mode in QT-speak. Preview always leaves the helpful tools around as do many other programs making it hard to judge top and bottom alignment.

And yes we did take delivery of large, flat-panel monitors that would not display anything beyond Title Safe in addition to defaulting to Sports Color. Sports Color mode where you can hear the colors all the way from the neighbor's house -- you don't even have to see them.

Koz
Re: Display Full Screen
March 15, 2011 07:34PM
Try Preview in Slide Show mode (View > Slide Show). It blacks the screen and shows the picture to the edges (depending on aspect) without any toolbars (Esc to exit). Or Finder > Slide Show or Quick Look, depending on OS version. Not sure if they display "true" without distortion, but there is nothing but picture when you use one of these.

Scott
Re: Display Full Screen
March 16, 2011 04:59AM
Space bar for quickview and swipe with both fingers in the opposite direction.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics