Is OS X Update 10.6.7 ok?

Posted by harry323 
Is OS X Update 10.6.7 ok?
March 24, 2011 10:21PM
Just received the "new software" thing from Apple.

Is OSX 10.6.7 in the clear/safe for FCS?

It's also asking if I want to install "ProKit 6.0.1" and I believe this - or v6.0.2 - was the one that caused me and many others endless FCP crashes and I should not install, right?

Best and with thanks,

Harry.
Re: Is OS X Update 10.6.7 ok?
March 24, 2011 10:57PM
So far I'm all good.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
March 24, 2011 11:05PM
10.6.7 has been on my Mac from day one and I've had no problems so far. First thing I did was to try all the FCS apps. Everything else OK.

Alberto
March 29, 2011 11:56AM
Have either of you seen the OpenType font issue that's been reported with 10.6.7?

March 29, 2011 03:06PM
Nope no issues with fonts so far. Will feed back if I do.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
March 30, 2011 12:10PM
There's also a driver issue with NVIDIA Quadro 4000 cards.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
March 30, 2011 12:35PM
Jon,
What seems to be the issue with the 4000 card? I do know that the card created a flickering with any of the Apple Acrylic displays but I thought that had been taken care of.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
March 30, 2011 02:38PM
I wrote about it here:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
March 30, 2011 09:31PM
I've just been through this with a client in New Zealand and we had to create a separate boot disk as the main system disk hung on startup until we finally found that it was the 4000 drivers.

Damn Nvidia! They really need to get their act together - so far behind the PC on their drivers for Mac...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics