external firewire drive dropping frames?

Posted by Andy 
<HTML>everytime i try to capture anything on my imacDVse 400mhz/ 384MB with a club mac 40 Gig external drive and a panasonic ez-30 camera. i havent had any problems with my prior setup, but since i added the external and new camera i havent been able to capture anything without dropping frames. what am i doing wrong?</HTML>
<HTML>I had this problem too when I purchased a 30 gig club mac external. I think it has to do with the external drive and it not being direct transfer like the internal that comes with the system. I would constantly capture long clips and find entire sections missing. It was strange and I tried over and over until I decided to take the external out of its shell and put it in the extra bay inside my G4 400. Everything worked then. But don't do anything like that until you talk to other people on this site. There are very competent people on this forum, like Michael Horton. I have only been on here for two days, but he seems to know everything you can think of. I figured I'd drop a line to let you know that I experienced the same problem.

Michael Hart</HTML>
<HTML>I'm about to get an external FW drive and keep hearing about problems with them. I've read about both Granite enclosures w/IBM's inside and Lacie drives, which also have IBM's inside. Does anyone have the definitive answer on this?</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics