Best Screen Grap Program?

Posted by rdedits 
Best Screen Grap Program?
March 26, 2011 09:09AM
I need to grab web pages for a project I'm working on, client wants to include the motion on these web pages. Wondering what you folks are using out there to capture websites. Thanks.
Re: Best Screen Grap Program?
March 26, 2011 10:27AM
Snapz Pro X is the best screen capture program. It can grab the even video from the screen, recompress it and save it to the disk as a video file.
March 26, 2011 10:36AM
I'd have to disagree with Christoph here. I used to recommend SnapzPro, but the more I've used it, the less I like it. Now my verdict is that SnapzPro is inefficient and buggy. It does offer a lot of options, but it has this hyper-annoying tendency to grab the video, process for its full length of time (usually 1.5 to 2 times the running time of the video)...and then fail to save for no apparent reason whatsoever, resulting in loss of your work time with no results to show at all.

iShowU has been recommended in here. I haven't used it myself.

www.derekmok.com
March 26, 2011 11:03AM
My vote would be for ScreenFlow with iShowU second. Snapz has been left behind and hasn't been updated in ages. ScreenFlow is really remarkable as an instructional tool. I use it for my training DVDs.

All the best,

Tom
March 26, 2011 11:26AM
I agree with Tom. With ScreenFlow I can capture the screen, add ScreenFlow's call outs and actions as needed, export to Apple ProRes and finish up in Final Cut Pro.
March 26, 2011 11:31AM
I third SCREENFLOW. Because you can edit right in that app, then export what you want. It captures the monitor signal full res, and then you can crop where you want. iShowU is second, because those files are easy to export and work with in FCP.

SNAPZPro is waaaaay behind.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
March 26, 2011 01:27PM
WOW! Thanks everyone for the recommendations!I've heard iShowU was pretty good but will now take a look at SCREENFLOW. AWESOME!!!!
March 27, 2011 03:58PM
Hey guys - I'd like to piggyback a related question - for video caps on the mac, I usually use ishowu because you can keep everything in prores. Anyone know what the best route would be for windows screen capture? I know everybody uses camtasia, but again - I want to edit the stuff back in FCP in ProRes.

Also - anyone have experience with video screen capture of an application in action using Hardware instead of software?

I'm assuming the results are superior - is this so? I'm looking for the most detail I can get when zooming into a feature.

What would the set up be? Windows hdmi out to, say, Mac video capture card?

Do I need to get Aja/kona type card?

Recommendations greatly appreciated...
March 27, 2011 10:01PM
I think Screenflow might be more than I need, simply need to capture web surfing for various projects. BUT it really looks sweet!
Re: Best Screen Capture Program?
March 28, 2011 12:56AM
This thread covered the top three, and I'm with Tom on Screenflow and use them for my tutorials. The audio support is now 64-bit Snow Leopard compatible.

Animating web page zoom-ins: you could do it live while capturing using MacOSX Zoom capability from Universal Access, but it may soften. Screenflow offers an editing timeline and the ability to add video actions, like sharper zooms, content edits, ytansitions, callouts, cursor enlargement, and other neat features. For 99.00 it's a heck of a package, and really has become a champ.

Screenflow here.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Nudge a Canvas layer by SUBpixels
with Command-Option with Arrow keys !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics