Best way to follow the Supermeet at home?

Posted by Jon Chappell 
Best way to follow the Supermeet at home?
April 11, 2011 07:49AM
For those of us not going to NAB this year, what's the best way of following the Supermeet? Is anyone live-blogging it or is Twitter our only option here?

(For those who speak French, there's going to be a liveblog here:
[www.finalcutmtl.org] )

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: Best way to follow the Supermeet at home?
April 11, 2011 08:19AM
Oh, cool. I have my very own French translator here at home. So lucky!

What time is it on there? I need to figure out the offset. Probably three in the morning for us. Everything OS seems to be at three in the morning.

April 11, 2011 08:38AM
High noon Sydney time Wednesday. [tinyurl.com]
Are you in Perth?
April 11, 2011 08:43AM
The Digital Production Buzz has this page for NAB updates. But I don't know if it will help you with what's going on with the Supermeet.

[www.nabshowbuzz.com]
April 11, 2011 08:50AM
Yeah Perth. Oh, so, in the morning on Wednesday, Brilliant. Ta Marcus.

April 11, 2011 02:51PM
Merci beaucoup!
Ça sera sympa de pouvoir suivre ça en direct1
April 11, 2011 03:18PM
I'd not expect a live blog unless someone knows something about wifi I don't. I'm guessing many will twitter

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 11, 2011 03:25PM
Ok, thanks Mike.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
April 11, 2011 06:04PM
Hmm but wouldn't 3G be a possibility? 3G iPad or iPhone or laptop with LTE or 3G card?
April 11, 2011 06:30PM
Mike,

Being a huge event with hopefully an epic announcement, will there be cameras shooting the event that will be later be able to be viewed online or on disc for the many of us not able to make the event? I will be first in line if one were available for purchase. Thanks.
April 11, 2011 07:32PM
I'm just going to sleep and wake up in iMovie 12.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Nudge a Canvas layer by SUBpixels
with Command-Option with Arrow keys !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
April 11, 2011 09:46PM
I have already purchased a bridle and saddle for the pony. I plan to be one of the first to upgrade.
April 12, 2011 05:26AM
It must be gone 7pm on Tuesday 12th where you are Jude, you lucky thing ... what was the announcement? Sadly its still only 6:30 pm here, not long now. I just feel sorry for those poor saps in Vegas for whom it is still only 3.30am.
April 12, 2011 08:39AM
Ah sadly I am constrained by the Laws of the Universe not to reveal the future to you poor schlocks back there in the past. All I can say is at first I was all aaah, then I was a bit eeeh, moving quietly over the day into a steady oooh. The raffle was also incredible.

April 12, 2011 11:29AM
jude no offence but i've always wondered - are you male or female? . . . it's been keeping me up at night for weeks
April 12, 2011 11:33AM
J.U.D.E is our Forum Bot

You can ask it what ever you like but it might reply with a question or arbitrary answer...

#Access Jude: What is the colour of the moon?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
April 12, 2011 11:37AM
Here is a clue:

Jude Cotter
Living and working in the wilds of Western Australia, Jude is a freelance offline and online broadcast editor with more than 300 television programmes to her credit. In her spare time, she is a moderator at the LAFCPUG forum and writes FCP tutorials for kenstone.net. She also occasionally teaches in person for Apple centres and Universities.
April 12, 2011 11:42AM
Hmm, why are you limiting it to two options?
There may be any number of codecs and containers involved.

BTW in an interesting I aside I've read that in the history of film, editor was once considered a "female" position. Supposedly many film editors in the very early 1900's were woman. The reasoning was that editing required very detailed work much like sowing.

Maybe it's apocryphal but it's mentioned here and I've read this in other sources and interviews as well.
[filmsound.org]
April 12, 2011 11:49AM
I've always noted that the camera department was a boys' club (I think a lot of female DPs would be able to back me up on this), but post-production was pretty equal. Sixty per cent of my editing instructors were women.

www.derekmok.com
April 12, 2011 12:57PM
Jude, I hope you were okay that I posted that little bio of yours. Bravo to you and your work in editing?
April 12, 2011 03:36PM
April 12, 2011 03:46PM
JustinB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @fcpsupermeet will be live tweeting the event.

Apple presents for hours and we get it in bits at 140 characters per tweet. There's something incongruous about that . . . or maybe it's completely congruous.

Thanks to the "Tweeter" though.

I see large room for misinterpretation and viral spread of that via Twitter so use the 140 wisely.
April 12, 2011 05:18PM
Mike or anyone handling the event? Something as big as this, though no live feed, I would hope it is to be videotaped as in past LAFCPUG meetings to be viewed at a later date? Anyone confirm this?
April 12, 2011 06:50PM
Ben : Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Russ, no problem at all. smiling smiley

April 12, 2011 07:13PM
More from the personal speculation department but Apple probably didn't want the stream in case something went awry in the presentation. I therefore wouldn't be surprised if they have approval rights on the content of any video that gets posted. I'd bet it'll be video recorded. If you don't see anything you might scan YouTube late tonight to see if an iPhone video was uploaded before the pull down order happens. winking smiley
April 12, 2011 07:35PM
There's a Liveblog here:
[www.photographybay.com]

My software:
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics