Let's play... Guess The UI Element!

Posted by Flabasha 
Let's play... Guess The UI Element!
April 14, 2011 01:08PM
In case you guys haven't seen this, here are 3 hi-res photos of the UI in FCP X, sent by Apple (click on them to enlarge for maximum geekout)

[www.loopinsight.com]
[www.larryjordan.biz]
[www.larryjordan.biz]

So here's my first question... what do you think the little "light switch" button is under the far right corner of the timeline, next to the Zoom slider?

"Switch source/record timelines" like in Avid? (Even though there's no more "source" window)

What other hints can we suss out from these photos?
Re: Let's play... Guess The UI Element!
April 14, 2011 01:10PM
Also looks like EQ drop down menus on the upper left corner of each audio clip. Cool!
April 14, 2011 01:19PM
Right side in the middle. The text tool. I see two of them. I'm hope this is going to be a big big improvement over the current versions.

What is the button with the "2" in it, in the middle of the two text buttons? Looks like a count down.
April 14, 2011 01:26PM
I'd bet the "2" is the drop-down for countdown leader, generators, etc., like FCP has under the current source window.

The two text boxes, hmm. Intriguing...

And how about the "speedometer" pulldown next to the "magic wand" (which I assume is quick n' dirty color correction)...
April 16, 2011 04:23AM
From a fellow editor

Magic wand "Pop-down"

Tools on the side

Keyframes in Timeline

About Text tool ... you can bet on something working the Motion way. Directly on the canevas, (obviously...)
April 16, 2011 08:05AM
>So here's my first question... what do you think the little "light switch" button is under the far right corner of the timeline, next to the Zoom slider?

at the moment it allows you to toggle clip appearance in the timeline

April 17, 2011 09:26AM
A light switch to change clip appearance? I would never have guessed that. I hope they change the icon to something more representative in the final version.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
April 17, 2011 11:15AM
You don't remember Apple's old icon for "System Preferences" Jon? It was a light switch :

A bit of an interface theme in FCP X perhaps ... so the timeline "preferences" switch:

And the canvas "preferences" switch ( top right of the FCP X canvas window ):

April 17, 2011 07:23PM
Wait, is up or down on in America? And I wonder if the Australia version work like Australian light switches, or be all upside down :/

April 17, 2011 08:34PM
yeah, we are one way (Down = on), US the other
cant remember Europe, or Asia.
April 17, 2011 08:41PM
Australian light switches are different than American ones? Down is on? Wow, must of been done as a tourist attraction. Must be a You Tube vid somewhere.

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 17, 2011 09:27PM
Yea in the US mainland we Shut The Light Off, Switch Down but in Hawaii they "Put The Light Out" Don't know which way the switch goes.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
April 17, 2011 10:28PM
Yep - same here in Enzed as in Oz - down is on. Of course, we've got twice as much power to deal with - 240V rather than the measly 110 you guys have in the US.tongue sticking out smiley
April 18, 2011 02:59AM
In Europe and Asia, Down is On ... unless you've got two switches for the same thing in which case it's anybody's guess confused smiley
April 18, 2011 01:03PM
Well, it looks like we finally have more than 4 choices for track height... in fact, it looks almost infinite!

Progress!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics