Pro Res and Adobe?

Posted by DM 
DM
Pro Res and Adobe?
April 17, 2011 08:53PM
I posted a question that got stuck between the long stream of the new final cut discussion. Just wondering if Adobe CS4 windows XP users can open Apple Pro Res files.....
From what I've googled, You have to have a Mac and Final cut installed along with the Adobe Apps.
Yea's or nea's?

FC 3
Re: Pro Res and Adobe?
April 17, 2011 10:20PM
You do not need Final Cut Pro to read ProRes files as QuickTime comes with a built-in ProRes decoder for reading but not writing to them. I don't know how well this works with Adobe Premiere on the PC though.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
April 18, 2011 09:50AM
You need to have FCS3 installed for read/write ProRes functionality. Once FCS3 is installed, it drops the ProRes components into your QuickTime folder. QuickTime Player 7 as well as FCP and CS4 can then read and write ProRes files.
April 18, 2011 11:39AM
I can say from experience that Yes, it will work will Adobe PC, as long as the latest QT is installed on the PC.

Jon Chappell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You do not need Final Cut Pro to read ProRes files
> as QuickTime comes with a built-in ProRes decoder
> for reading but not writing to them. I don't know
> how well this works with Adobe Premiere on the PC
> though.
DM
April 18, 2011 05:14PM
thx to all for the reply's. I'll do a test try...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics