Apple to present 'latest range of video products' at Mac video event in London Jun 9

Posted by Alex4D 
Apple to present 'latest range of video products' at Mac video event in London Jun 9
May 09, 2011 02:12PM
I wonder what that could mean...

[macvideoexpo11.eventbrite.com]

(Also UK Final Cut User Group meets next week in Manchester [www.macvideo.tv] )

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com + .com
Re: Apple to present 'latest range of video products' at Mac video event in London Jun 9
May 09, 2011 02:16PM
The same presentation from April, just with some new features added. Probably show some of the other ProApps. Maybe actually do some editing with FCP X instead of talk about it.

If they REALLY get nutty, maybe they'll discuss XML, OMF, Assigned Tracks, FCP 7 import and some of the myriad of questions some of us have been asking. Doubtful, but you never know, maybe Michael can get them very very drunk before they come on stage......

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
Re: Apple to present 'latest range of video products' at Mac video event in London Jun 9
May 09, 2011 02:24PM
This is a MacVideo event not a SuperMeet. We have nothing to do with it. Our London SuperMeet will be June 23.

[supermeet.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
It is very telling that Apple are presenting at event 16 days before another very relevant event in the same city.

Maybe reason why they wouldn't wait for SuperMeet would be there could be some 'latest range of video products' announcements at the Worldwide Developers Conference - which runs from June 6 to June 10.

If not an FCP launch, perhaps new hardware.

Being a cynical Brit, my first assumption that if Apple people are running the WWDC, the person presenting in London won't be very high up the totem pole, but thinking positively, aeroplanes do regularly fly from San Francisco to London...

Maybe someone should organise a pro video event in LA or San Francisco on Wednesday June 8 and see if Apple take the bait...

May 09, 2011 02:57PM
WWDC folks and ProApps folks are two completely different areas of the company for the most part. So they wouldn't overlap.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
Announced this morning at [www.macvideo.tv]

I wonder if Apple are really too busy...

What could it mean?

May 20, 2011 01:27PM
It means they are spending more time on the product and less on propaganda. Hang in there man...a few more weeks and we will all know the deal by having it in hand.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 20, 2011 02:54PM
Well that sucks for MacVideo. Still will be a good event. Wish I could be there.

No one knows what is going on and when this thing will be released. We don't know if it will be at SuperMeet either. If it IS released we will damn well show it and are well prepared to show it. If not, we got a lot FCP 7 stuff to show. Not like THAT is going away. We keep forgetting that.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 20, 2011 07:21PM
Boy Mike...Apple is really steamrolling the FCP folks and their sponsors, huh?

Is there going to be a LAFCPUG meeting in June? As the normal date for June should be June 22 Doubt you will have it the night before Supermeet Mike. If the meeting was the week before it's possible that L.A. Final Cut Pro User Group could trump them all. Remember June starts on the first. Food for thought.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
May 20, 2011 11:56PM
Apple isn't steamrolling anyone here. We've planned this SuperMeet since last Summer. We didn't know anything about a new Final Cut then and Apple probably didn't know about a June date either. Just one of those things.

As for a June lafcpug meet, got it scheduled for the 15. If FCPX is out, we will show it. If not, we eat pizza

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 21, 2011 12:16AM
...my bad sad smiley

The Apple "Marketing Machine" is Wonderfully Powerful.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics