audio problems and different aspect ratios

Posted by nlittrell 
audio problems and different aspect ratios
May 15, 2011 05:15AM
good morning:

i shot some dv footage on a borrowed camera where audio was set at 12 bit as opposed to 16 and didn't find this out until i attempted to look at the footage--which i can't because it's all wonky with the wacked audio. i've tried importing it through several different channels--fcp (i have version 6.0) and quicktime. nothing is working. the sound bleeps in and out and the video looks all screwed up. is there any way to save this footage?

the next problem is that i have footage that has been shot at different aspect ratios. my key sequence was again, shot on a borrowed--and much older camera--than i used to shoot the other footage in the film. and it was not shot at widescreen like the rest of the footage (including the stuff at 12 bit). being an older camera, the image doesn't look great and there is weird camera audio background buzz--esp. when i zoomed. so this is a problem, too. i have other sequences shot at widescreen that all have good image quality. now i'm trying to sling all these sequences together so they'll look cohesive and have optimum image quality.

i was to unify the piece so it all works but don't know how best to do that with sequences set at diff. aspect ratios. how can i make this work best? would i export out the main non-widescreen sequence and import it back into the widescreen sequence as one clip--would that make it easier to work with? can i somehow work with the non-widescreen footage and make it widescreen? or do i need to step down the widescreen footage to make it non-widescreen?

and is there a way to deal with the camera buzz with that non-widescreen footage?

appreciate any help you wizards can offer!

nicolle
Re: audio problems and different aspect ratios
May 16, 2011 09:30AM
wow! I hate to say it, but this looks like a neccessary reshoot.
What is the video for? movie, commerical, music video, doc? maybe you can use the sd footage as a 24 (tv show) style look or something creative like that. Otherwise, I think you may have to make your wide screen match your sd.
camera buzz? you mean you picked up audio buzz while shooting. My experience is bad audio is bad audio. But I am sure someone in this forum maybe able to give you some good tips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics