Canon T3i DSLR. Log and Transfer with EOS plugin help needed!!!

Posted by richriehl 
Canon T3i DSLR. Log and Transfer with EOS plugin help needed!!!
May 31, 2011 02:12AM
I thought I would find lots of DSLR posts here, but did not.
I have a new Canon Rebel T3i and I am having trouble using Log and transfer. It worked great with my previous T2i, after downloading the Canon EOS movie plugin for FCP plus editing the cameras.plist following some posts from the Bui brothers and others.

In an effort to get log and transfer working from the SD card, I trashed the former EOS plugin and emptied the trash and reinstalled, then carefully added t3i to the cameras.plist.

Still no success, I get the following error: folder contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

I can still transfer T2i files, so that is a clue. I also noted that the THM files from T2i are gone and I see CTG files now instead.

I see others have done it, and I also tried the newest download of V 1.2 for the plugin, but it did not work either. I am using OS 10.67 on a mac pro.

This is probably unrelated, but I recently added the Intensity Pro card From Black Magic. It has it's own capture settings, which I hope do not cause this problem for me.

I have used FCP all the way back to the original V1 and attended many LAFCPUG meetings.

Please assist if you can!! Thanks,
Re: Canon T3i DSLR. Log and Transfer with EOS plugin help needed!!!
May 31, 2011 05:08AM
Hello I found this that might help you

Derek
.plist for T3i on E-1 Movie plugin for FCP SOLVED!!!
I solved my own question. I found the solution for E-1 Movie plugin .plist fix for T3i on Final Cut Pro.

I basically started from scratch.

1. Trash/uninstall the previous E-1 plugin with the .plist. You have to trash the entire plugin and not just the .plist. file. Empty the trash.

2. Restart computer. ( I guess you do not have too, but I did it anyway.)

3. Install a fresh Canon E-1 Movie Plugin version 1.1 from the Canon USA EOS site from any compatible camera (60D, 5DmarkII,7d,1D mIV) in drivers and software section of MacOSX.

4.Download and install "TextWrangler" (it is free)

5. Go the newly installed plist file and open the file with Text Wrangler. (You can google search the path to the plist file)

6. Copy and paste very carefully the lines of code from my modified plist to the existing one. This is a very critical stage of the game, so be careful.

7. Save the changes in Text Wrangler drop menu for the changes to take effect and close the program.

8. Restart the computer.

9. Open FCP and the Log and transfer and test your T3i memory card in an attached card reader.
The T3i video files will be recognized and you can transcode automatically like the rest of the Canon DSLRS.

I tested this on my own FCP 6.0.6 running MacOSx Leopard.

Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails

May 31, 2011 10:14PM
Thanks, but this is the same post I saw and I cannot get it to work. Any more ideas? Please reply if you have captured from T3i. It seems to have everything the more expensive Canon's have at a great price.
Re: Canon T3i DSLR. Log and Transfer with EOS plugin help SOLVED
June 01, 2011 12:43AM
The posting above does solve this, but you must be sure with the syntax and folder location. I tried it with the new EOS v 1.2 download and it worked fine.

Dear Canon: With all the DSLR's you are selling WHY would you make us all hack the plist to make it work???? You should support the use of your cameras and not deter us!!!!
June 01, 2011 02:49AM
Glad you got it to work and yes it would be good if everyone got there act together, I did find something else but that involved converting all your camera file first, boring.

Derek
October 03, 2011 10:59PM
For those who stumbled across this, let me add a few points to clarify. Those directions will get the T3i working with Log & Transfer, and a big round of congratulations to Chad Soriano who posted them up on his blog.

Here's what caused me troubles:

1) To Uninstall the plug-in, go to:

[Mac HD] > [Library] > [Application Support] > [ProApps] > [MIO] > [RAD] > [Plugins] > the CanonE1.RADPlug

2) Re-install the plug-in. This might not be 100% necessary, but if you're picky about these things, why not? Supposedly Canon has released a version 1.2 of the plug-in, but I couldn't find it for the life of me. It no longer seems available from the US site, but the version 1.1 EOS Movie plug-in works, and can be downloaded here (as of October, 2011)

[software.canon-europe.com]

Why is it a European site? I have no idea, but it worked.

3) Go back to

[Mac HD] > [Library] > [Application Support] > [ProApps] > [MIO] > [RAD] > [Plugins] > the CanonE1.RADPlug

This time open the [Resources] folder, and open "cameras.plist" in Mac's Text Editor. You just have to add the tag for the T3i, but for completeness, here's all the text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "[www.apple.com];
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>60D</key>
<array>
<string>Canon EOS 60D</string>
</array>
<key>1D</key>
<array>
<string>Canon EOS-1D Mark IV</string>
</array>
<key>5D</key>
<array>
<string>Canon EOS 5D Mark II</string>
</array>
<key>7D</key>
<array>
<string>Canon EOS 7D</string>
</array>
<key>T3i</key>
<array>
<string>Canon EOS REBEL T3i</string>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>

And that, after a day of hassle, worked like a charm!

October 04, 2011 11:22AM
Thanks for the compliment as well as the extra tips. Saw your comment on my ChadSorianoPhotoBlog and followed you from your link.

[www.chadsorianophotoblog.com]

[www.facebook.com]

[twitter.com]
July 28, 2012 09:50PM
Hi everyone:
You should download and give it a try:
[www.kiwiproducciones.com.ar]
It´s an edited DMG that installs the Canon Driver and let you drag and drop the edited "cameras.plist" to its location.

Let us know if it does work (we´ve not tested it with T4i).
July 29, 2012 12:40AM
This link is dead, and to tell you the truth, sounds suspicious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics