FCP 7.03 responsiveness

Posted by Reed G 
FCP 7.03 responsiveness
June 05, 2011 02:59PM
Hello all

I've been wrestling with a problem I thought I had addressed a couple of months ago but it is back.

When I click on the menu bar, there is a delay of 3-4 seconds before anything happens and then usually I get the spinning beach ball for a second or two. I also have a problem where clicking between two angles in a multi clip edit produces a delay before the angle cuts.

I've trashed preferences, the cache (have run the Digital Rebellion tools).
Repaired permissions
uninstalled and reinstalled FCP 7 and ran updates.
deleted ProKit update and installed previous version

All to no avail. The last time I though the problem was fixed, it was after running Disk Warrior and fixing permissions on system drive. Tried that too. No luck.

Not sure where to look next and am hoping someone here has seen or heard of this problem and knows a fix. BTW, I am running OS X 10.6.7 on an early 2008 Mac Pro with 16GB ram and plenty of HD space including external GTech Raid.

The problems are not 'fatal' but annoying and somewhat time consuming, particularly with multicam edits.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reed
Re: FCP 7.03 responsiveness UPDATE
June 11, 2011 04:32PM
I did a little more digging and determined that it was a package of plug-ins that was causing the issue. I removed them from the Motion Template folder and FCP resumed working properly. Not sure if this is isolated to my Mac Pro but I will try to replicate this on my MacBook pro.
June 11, 2011 07:44PM
Interesting. Are you low on disk space (if it is a template). Let us know which plugin it is.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 13, 2011 01:50AM
I am running an older 8 Core too. Please post the names of any suspicious plugins.

Harry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics