RED Proxies Issue Help

Posted by ClayC 
RED Proxies Issue Help
June 10, 2011 10:24AM
Anybody know how to fix this one?:

I've 3 shoot days worth of RED 4k. I want to edit with proxies for the roughcut. As has worked fine in the past, I bring the M proxies into the browser, and cut them into the timeline. Settings all match, resoultion 2048x1152 and REDCODE. The problem is, the proxies are showing up with an orange render bar. I've tried using the smaller proxies instead. Same issue. Made sure we have the latest FCS3 support package installed. Tried a re-install. Nothing works.

Otherwise, the machine is working fine, FCS too. The ESata Raid I'm working with is also working fine and with plenty of headroom.

Any suggestions?

P.S.: The proxies don't render either. Codec not found error message appears.
Re: RED Proxies Issue Help
June 10, 2011 11:59AM
Make sure your sequence is set to ProRes. If you edit redcode, you will hve to render as FCP cannot write to redcode. If your sequence is set to redcode, you will have issues rendering, but playback may be fine.

Not sure if you can get decent RT performance at M if you are shooting 4K.

I would transcode the red footage to ProRes before editing. If you have red rocket, you can use RC-X for the transcode, otherwise turn on redline for multi processor transcoding.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 10, 2011 12:03PM
And yea, I won't advise editing red natively. Red is very processor intensive as it was designed as a film replacement, not a video replacement. So for the leverage of film and higher resolution, you will not expect robust real time editing.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 13, 2011 06:44AM
Think I got it. They shot on the latest camera build, mysterium-x and redcode36. The data rate (about 325) is beyond what our eSata can currently handle thus the choppy playback and orange bar.

So, took it all over to ProRes4x4 2k Redlog and all is well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics