Burning blu ray

Posted by preditor 
Burning blu ray
July 08, 2011 05:21PM
I'm a bit behind...just now installing FCP Studio 7. Does DVD Pro support blu-ray burning yet, or do I still need Toast?

Thanks!
Re: Burning blu ray
July 08, 2011 05:43PM
Welcome to 2011. DVDs are dead, at least dvdsp is. Answer to your question is toast or encore.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 08, 2011 06:40PM
You can also burn an HD/DVD that is blue ray player compatible-ish. Otherwise you need a blue ray burner. And then I think compressor, or it's one of the FCP share settings for making blue-rays.

Check the tutorial section.
July 09, 2011 01:24AM
Welcome to 2011? DVD's are dead when my clients tell me they're dead! Right now they ask for screeners and work in progress DVD's because flash memory drives big enough to hold a show are still more expensive than DVD-R discs. And my newest will require a Blu-Ray screener for a festival in September, so this subject is of interest. And besides, flash drives are not shiny. Discs are shiny!

I'm assuming I get an external BD drive and use Share. There doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot of authoring ability there, but at least an autoplay, yes? Do I recall some BD templates available in Share?

Or shall I move out to Encore?

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Temporarily mix down audio tracks with Command-Option - R !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
July 09, 2011 03:57AM
Actually FCP7 and FCPX are perfect for screeners. You can spit a first play disc right out of the application, or a disc with a basic menu. FCPX may be even better because it doesn't require Compressor.

All the best,

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics