HELP... I NEED FCP7 (FCStudio 3)... Apple Promised me, but aren't doing anything!

Posted by WOOMZA 
HELP... I NEED FCP7 (FCStudio 3)... Apple Promised me, but aren't doing anything!
July 19, 2011 07:42PM
Yeah, I know. Apple promised to fulfill an order I placed for 27 FCStudio 3 upgrades (from FCStudio 2)(FCP6 to FCP7), but it hasn't happened!

We placed an order for this upgrade 2 weeks before the FCPX release and Apple has promised to fulfill our upgrade order, but hasn't done it yet! It's been a very long time now, very unlike Apple. What is it with Apple!? Why are they doing this to us?

Does anyone at LAFCPUG know who I need to talk to at Apple to get my order fulfilled!?

Thanks!:^(

Robert Moore
WOOMZA.com
Santa Monica, CA 90402
USA
Email: rmoore@andrita.com
Re: HELP... I NEED FCP7 (FCStudio 3)... Apple Promised me, but aren't doing anything!
July 20, 2011 01:29AM
Are you serious? We're all in the same boat...and Apple's firing cannonballs at us. Welcome to the party pal. You might wanna try Ebay or resellers that might still have stock.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: HELP... I NEED FCP7 (FCStudio 3)... Apple Promised me, but aren't doing anything!
July 20, 2011 08:09AM
You can try checking with promax.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 20, 2011 09:05AM
> You can try checking with promax.

The Promax offer only applies if you're buying a computer along with it. (I just placed an order) So that wouldn be the opposite of an upgrade. And you also have to buy one external drive and Promax's "Editing Now" package (a systems check after installation, I think). But I would have bought the systems check anyway even without the requirement.

Seriously, I don't know if it's worth it in your case if you can't buy actual upgrades. FCP7 has some nice features, and those expanded ProRes codecs, but it's still an EOL product. And with the Adobe and Avid offers, you can now get the Adobe Production Premium package for around $850 and Avid Media Composer 5.5 for $995. The Promax offer works well for me because I already needed a new laptop, so I might as well throw FCP7 on there in case I needed a copy.

If Apple won't honour its promise to supply you with the upgrades (surprise, surprise), then personally I'd just stick with FCP6. You can always use XMLs and transport project files to interact with FCP7 machines if you need to.

www.derekmok.com
According to Larry Jordan a bunch of VARs have been approached by Apple with a special limited offer to stock up on inventory of FCP 3. You can read about it below...

[www.larryjordan.biz]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics