OT: DaVinci Resolve Lite (Mac) FREE DOWNLOAD with full manuals!!

Posted by grafixjoe 
July 22, 2011 11:34AM
In case anyone is interested in replacing the dead Color:

[blackmagic-design.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: OT: DaVinci Resolve Lite (Mac) FREE DOWNLOAD with full manuals!!
July 22, 2011 12:03PM
Sweeeeeet

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 22, 2011 02:08PM
And actually the new Resolve is making it even easier now with putting color wheels in which are much more familiar to editors. Now maybe we can go ahead and put Resolve in every edit suite.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
July 22, 2011 02:59PM
Wow! I just downloaded and played around with it. I had no problem using it on a first generation Mac Pro with a 5770 graphics card. The controls were very very smooth. Much better than Apple's COLOR. One needs to spend some time learning it. I did pretty good with the color correction part, except how to output a file.

Joey, thanks for posting Resolve Lite for us.
July 22, 2011 07:13PM
The server is being hammered a bit right now, Download is slow, but wow, it's the full package. (albeit 'lite'). Good move BM.

July 22, 2011 07:41PM
From the User Manual, Page 190: "The displays Waveform, Parade, Vectorscope and Histogram allow you to monitor the levels of the correction that are being applied to the image. Within each display, there are the controls that allow you to vary the brightness of the scale and information displayed."

Those controls are missing in the LITE version. At least on mine. I'm wondering if there is an on and off switch for them...
July 22, 2011 09:06PM
Just tried to download it and got a Site Error page after going through registration. Grrrr. I hope they can get it fixed soon. I imagine they are having some bandwidth and server issues today.
July 22, 2011 10:31PM
Nice. I've been patiently waiting for this.
July 22, 2011 10:53PM
Nice I helped Colorist Steve Perry with his iPad today and he told me they put tape over the color wheels on iPads to give a more tactile feel when using the Tangent Wave. Interesting concept.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
July 23, 2011 12:23AM
-- moved topic --

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 23, 2011 01:36AM
After downloading and installing this, I seem to have lost apple ProRes LT in FCP. I have about one million new Blackmagic codecs, including lots of HQ flavours, but can't find ProRes LT or Proxy. And the only SD flavour I can find is HDV - Apple ProRes 422 1080p 24, which is not that great for me.

Is anyone else seeing this?

July 23, 2011 04:35AM
Even after uninstalling and restarting I seem to still be missing ProRes SD, LT and Proxy.

Oh wait, I lied - they are there in sequence settings - just not in easy Setup.

July 23, 2011 05:22PM
Was able to download it today. Going to take a look over the weekend.
July 23, 2011 05:59PM
Hi Jude, I'm not sure if there was a default ProRes LT setting in FCP. Blackmagic Design doesn't do codecs. The Resolve assumes you have a monitor set up by default, and installs the drivers for its capture card, so those are the easy setups for use with the BMD Extreme 3D card. The codecs are still there, and you can create your own ProRes easy setups in FCP with ProRes LT or whatever you want.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 23, 2011 07:38PM
Yeah - it was my bad. For some reason all my settings got defaulted, and I just went to Easy Setup without thinking looking for ProRes 422. Of course it's never been there, so not surprising I didn't find it.

July 25, 2011 06:05PM
My install keeps hanging, could it be my Matrox MX02 Mini?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics