Stabilization filters

Posted by lholmes 
Stabilization filters
August 02, 2011 01:15PM
I have shakey footage from a helicopter shot on a Canon 5D Mark II and a Canon FX305. Any ideas for some really good stabilization filters I could buy? The FCP one doesn't work very well. I need some high-end filters. Thanks.
Re: Stabilization filters
August 02, 2011 01:37PM
If it's like any other 5D chopper footage I have seen it's not just stabilization you'll have to deal with. It will also be rolling shutter artefacts, a.k.a. JelloCam. Not a lot of filters can remove that, although there are some techniques for removing them in AfterEffects.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
August 02, 2011 01:59PM
What do you recommend for both the JelloCam and stabilization? The FX305 just needs stabilization. Client wants to spend money to save this footage so any plugins or third party programs are fine. Just let me know some products. AE and FCP aren't cutting it.
August 02, 2011 02:48PM
You can try this:

[www.thefoundry.co.uk]

There's a free 15 day trial so you can see if it works. Stabilization is easy if you Jave something to track. After Effects has Mocha, so you can use that.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 02, 2011 03:28PM
Try Lock&Load. It does stabilization and has an anti-jello feature too. I think I paid maybe $150 or $200 for it. I forget.

Best

Harry
August 05, 2011 10:35AM
The Warp Stabilizer will smooth out your footage and remove rolling shutter artifacts in Adobe After Effects CS5.5. You can get a 30 day free trial to check it out!

Grab Production Premium here: [www.adobe.com]

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
August 05, 2011 11:39AM
Yep...After Effects CS 5.5

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics