SD Card recovery advice needed

Posted by harry323 
SD Card recovery advice needed
August 04, 2011 01:48AM
I have a 32 gig SD memory card which has an hour or so of H.264 1920x1080 on it recorded on a Canon Rebel 3ti. It refuses to mount on my Mac.

So I have downloaded the demo version of something called "AppleXsoft Photo recovery" and it is currently chugging through the recovery process.

Every now and then the program throws up a dialog box which says something about the files being an "absurd" size (really!). I'm not sure, but I think it is skipping the largest files, some of which probably run for maybe 8 or 10 minutes. In any case, I click the "OK" button and it continues to gurgle away - slowly.

If this thing works it will be well worth the $50 or so that it costs - but, annoyingly, that is for a one year license only.

Can any kind soul out there please recommend an SD card recovery program that will (a) recover large files and (b) give me an unlimited license. I resent this one year license thing.

Any other thoughts and advice are, of course, welcome.

All the best,

Harry.
Re: SD Card recovery advice needed
August 09, 2011 11:22AM
Card Rescue

[www.cardrescue.com]

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
August 09, 2011 11:53AM
Hey Harry...do you have the camera or another camera that can mount SD cards? You should be able to get to the contents via firewire card through the camera.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 09, 2011 01:15PM
Thanks for the advice. I managed to recover the data through a $20 program called "Klix" which worked just fine.

Harry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics