force fcp to recreate titles?

Posted by Tom Sanders 
force fcp to recreate titles?
September 12, 2011 12:54PM
Is there a way to force FCP 7 to recreate titles? I received an h264 timeline which I converted to prores to make it more editable. Used compressor to convert everything except the titles, figuring the titles would automaticaly re-generate when I changed the sequence settings...? Apparently I was wrong about that, so how can I get my titles to recreate in prores?
Re: force fcp to recreate titles?
September 12, 2011 01:27PM
Since you didn't even run Media Manager, the titles should have simply stayed put.

Open the H.264 timeline, copy the titles, paste onto the new timeline. Should work just fine unless you changed the frame size.

www.derekmok.com
Re: force fcp to recreate titles?
September 12, 2011 01:47PM
Aye... its only when you cut and paste that titles will conform to the new settings.

If you want to keep the timing exact from the start you can either cut and paste at the start time of the first title or do it the brainless easy way adding a slug at the start and copy and paste all the titles and slug then paste them all deleting the slug afterwards. This keeps everything in the correct position (as long as the TC is the same rate!).

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics