Exporting still images for print

Posted by thomasptarmigan 
Exporting still images for print
September 12, 2011 04:11PM
Hello,

I'm looking for the best export method in FCP7 in attempt to get a still to use for possible printing. I'm going to be working with the still in Photoshop, and any advice in getting the highest resolution / best color output would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Exporting still images for print
September 12, 2011 04:32PM
Make sure the Sequence Setting is at the highest possible for the clip format. From the timeline, Export Using QuickTime Conversion. Choose Still as a Format and go into Options. Pick an uncompressed image format such as TIFF.

www.derekmok.com
September 12, 2011 08:53PM
If the video is interlaced then for best still export first deinterlace the video using spatio-temporal deinterlacing. For example, transcode with Compressor to an uncompressed codec with Output Fields: Progressive; Deinterlace: Best (Motion compensated).

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
September 12, 2011 10:27PM
For what I read, it sounds like Thomas is not well versed on this. So, why overload the answer (kind of intimidating). Let him just follow Derek's simple tip, which it works. I'd also apply the Photoshop's (Video) De-Interlace filter.

Alberto
September 14, 2011 10:15PM
Hauffen, there's no reason to presume thomasptarmigan is ill-versed, and you've missed the point of using spatio-temporal deinterlace before exporting the still. Photoshop's deinterlace filter is primitive. First it eliminates the odd lines or even lines -- half the information! Then it fills the missing lines with either duplicates or interpolations.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics