text blurry

Posted by milesvideo 
text blurry
September 18, 2011 09:21PM
I use fcp 7.0.3 on an iMac with OS X 10.7.1. Trying to put scrolling text on the end credits of a project shot HDV 1060i. Text looks okay when I put it on the timeline but is blurry after I render. Regular text panel does the same thing. It looks blurred and real crappy. What's going on?
Re: text blurry
September 18, 2011 09:49PM
How is it blurry? Make sure scale is set to 100%. and make sure you are viewing on a proper broadcast monitor, not your computer monitor.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 19, 2011 07:56AM
Reducing to 100% helped but the text still looks slightly out of focus and there is a noticeable scan line at the top of the letters. I'm using Bernard condensed MT font. This happened before and I gave up on doing a scroll. Instead I did the titles in Boris, which worked fine. But this shouldn't be happening.
September 19, 2011 08:33AM
Are you watching it on a broadcast monitor or your computer monitor? Once you render it, it has been prepared for a television screen, not a computer monitor, so it will look worse on your computer. You need to check it out on a broadcast monitor, or even a TV. Export that section to tape or DVD and view it externally if you have to.

September 19, 2011 12:53PM
Or check it in the Canvas with it set at 100% precisely.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics