OMF export sync issue

Posted by howard 
OMF export sync issue
September 25, 2011 10:37PM
I?ve read so many contradictory articles and posts I?m hoping there is a definitive answer.
It?s a 1 hour doco. I?ve done numerous tests exporting OMF with crossfades checked export from 6.06 to Soundtrack Pro and it always pushes the audio out of sync.
Is there a way to solve this, other than the obvious ?don?t check the crossfade box? or buy automatic duck.

e.g. Michael Kammes? article - Prepping and Exporting for Post Audio in Final Cut Pro his detailed instructions include checking the crossfade box. So it must work for some people some of the time.

This is a low budget (read no budget project). The post-production house has viewed the DVD, they want to keep the mix and only need to tweak for broadcast specs. Therefore I want to keep, levels, pans and crossfade trans.
They?re using Fairlight. Is this a FCP export issue or could it be a Soundtrack Pro issue? And is there a way around this?
Cheers, Howard
Re: OMF export sync issue
September 26, 2011 11:29AM
It happens sometimes. Not all the time. Haven't found a permanent fix to that, except not to check the crossbars option.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 29, 2011 10:50PM
My experience with this is you have a piece of audio that has a wrong sample rate, and it might be your very first bit of audio. If you start with 44.1 music that could be it.

I discovered this problem when I had one piece of 24 bit 48 khz audio at the very top of a reel that was all 16 bit 48khz.

If nothing leaps out at you, as a problem piece of sound then delete all but one track and export each one until you get one that is out of sync. And then start dissecting that one temporally. Halving the reel until you can discern what type of audio is throwing your OMF out of synch.
October 01, 2011 03:13PM
Thanks. I'll look into when I get the chance to.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 02, 2011 03:27PM
Okay, I was sure it was the crossfade but I?ve tested again.
Copied audio from a1 onto a2.
No crossfade on a1 (all good), put crossfade at head of track on a2 and the track is pushed out of sync by the length of the crossfade. All 16 bit 48khz no variations on sample rate.
Thanks to all for trying to help solve this.
Cheers, Howard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics